Our Journey

Matthew and I have been actively trying to conceive since 2007. We continue to wait for our miracle...This is our journey.

Sunday, February 22, 2009

Reflexology

I just realized that I failed to mention reflexology in my last post. I had my first reflexology treatment on February 13th. Although I'd done some research online, I wasn't sure exactly what to expect from the appointment. When I arrived at the center, Gail (my friend who not-so-subtly suggested reflexology) greeted me at the door with a smile. After I removed my socks and shoes, she led me back to a huge, comfy chair, propped my feet on a pillow and turned on soft music. We talked for a few minutes about my ttc journey and PCOS, the underlying condition that has caused my body not to work the way that it's supposed to. Gail guided me through a series of relaxing deep breaths and encouraged me to close my eyes and "just be". Now, I absolutely love when Matthew rubs my feet, but he only lasts five or ten minutes before a hand cramp sets in or he decides that it's his turn to be on the receiving end. So, I was quite elated when Gail massaged each foot for thirty minutes. The session wasn't painful by any sense of the word, but definitely different. She touched my feet and ankles in places that even I never knew existed! When she finished, I was so relaxed that I could barely move--not just my feet but my entire body. IT WAS AWESOME!!!

The following Monday, I visited Gail again. I have agreed to be her guinnea pig as she learns and practices new techniques (free sessions are free sessions!). Monday's treatment was quite different than the first one. This time, Gail led me back to a massage room, had me strip down to my undies and crawl under the sheet and blanket on the table. While lying on my back, Gail placed hot stones/crystals on my chakra points. The belief is that different colored stones/crystals rearrange your body's energy. Not sure that I buy into that, afterall, I'm a conservative Southern Baptist! But it was definitely relaxing. Gail, then, completed the reflexology session using hot stones instead of her fingers. While I must admit that the stones were a tad bit uncomfortable at times due to their slightly rough texture, the sensations were very relaxing.

I'm scheduled to visit Gail again tomorrow for another session. Who knows what that one might be like!

0 comments:

My Blog List

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP