Our Journey

Matthew and I have been actively trying to conceive since 2007. We continue to wait for our miracle...This is our journey.

Monday, January 12, 2009

To my fertile friends...

You complain about morning sickness...
but I long for the morning when I can wake up and vomit with a purpose.

You complain about stretch marks...
but I dream about the day when my belly carries a new life inside.

You complain about weird cravings...
but sometimes, I eat pickles and ice cream just to see what it would be like.

You complain about your overprotective husband...
but I can't wait for the day when my husband becomes a father.

You complain about your frequent ob appointments...
but I look forward to the day when I can visit a regular ob instead of the infertility clinic.

You complain about the costs of formula and diapers...
but I can't wait to put those things on my grocery list.

You complain about the duplicate gifts you received at the shower...
but I long for the day when people give me things to celebrate a miracle.

You complain about sleepless nights...
but I look forward to cuddling my baby in my arms at 2 am.

You complain about the neverending visits from your parents and in-laws...
but I can't wait for the day when I make them grandparents.

You complain about how much your life has changed since having the baby...
but I dream about us becoming a family.

You complain a lot...
but you have so much to be thankful for.

4 comments:

GINA and KEV January 12, 2009 at 6:08 PM  

Very well said.
So many times I've wanted to say these very same things to my pregnant friends.

Stacey January 12, 2009 at 11:52 PM  

AMEN! You said it so perfectly. Sometimes I truly don't think that many women who are able to conceive on their own think about those of us who are struggling to have a chance at the miracle they very often take advantage of.

What a great post. Thank you for sharing. It speaks to many of the thoughts that I have had.

Blessings,
Stacey :)

There is hope. January 13, 2009 at 12:08 PM  

Thank you for your kind responses. This was a hard one to post, but the thoughts have been on my mind for the past few days. Hope you all have a great day!

Meridith January 13, 2009 at 6:50 PM  

Thank you for following my blog... unfortunately, some of the guys my DH works with have been looking at it and making jokes about it at work. So, in order to try to protect DH, I am making my blog private. If you would like to continue reading, please send me your email address so I can send you an invitation. My email address is mermay1677@yahoo.com.
(((hugs)))

My Blog List

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP