Our Journey

Matthew and I have been actively trying to conceive since 2007. We continue to wait for our miracle...This is our journey.

Saturday, January 24, 2009

RELAX!!!

My ten tiny "magic" Clomid pills are tucked safely away in the medicine cabinet waiting for cd 3 to arrive. I'm excited...Matthew and I are that much closer to starting a family!!! But I'm also terrified. What if I forget to take the pills? What about the crazy side effects? What if they don't work? What if Matthew or I get sick and can't bd? It is cold and flu season, you know. What if they work...and I get pregnant with triplets? The probability of that happening is less than 1%, but my body has a mind of its own. It's possible. Besides, a friend of mine (also a cyster) gave birth to fraternal triplets after only two months on 100 mgs. of Clomid--my exact dosage! The unknown is always scary, and my mind tends to wander...I'm destined to worry myself (and my poor husband!) to death next month.

In preparation for a psychotic month, I'm trying to refocus. Those crazy questions will always be in the back of my mind, but I don't want them to take over. Anyone trying to conceive has heard that stress can hinder conception efforts. So my new goal is to RELAX!

I've replaced our Glade Plug-ins throughout the house with aromatherapy oils (even hid one at my office!). I've also added candles to nearly every room for a relaxing ambience. And yes, I've busted out that relaxing music cd that somebody gave me for Christmas four or five years ago (I never even bothered to take it out of the wrapper until last night). A close friend specializes in reflexology and another in massage therapy. I've read articles online about the miraculous impact of reflexology on infertility. Not sure if I buy into that (many of the studies are questionable), but for the relaxation benefits alone, it's worth a shot.

As I find more articles connecting stress to infertility, I'll post them.

I'd like to hear your thoughts...How do you relax during stressful cycles? How do you avoid becoming just another neurotic woman obsessed with trying to conceive?

5 comments:

Stacie January 24, 2009 at 4:24 PM  

Hi,
I just found your blog and am SO right where you are! 29 and TTC, a fellow cyster and on 100 mg of clomid! :)

I started on 50 mg and sat back to wait for the crazy horomones, hot flashes and other lovely side effects.. except, I never got any! Not on 50 or 100 mg. My doctor told me jsut the other day that 75% of women don't have ANY side effects from it.

I think the best advice I can give is not only to relax, but don't wait for the side effects to appear because you simply may not get them.

Anyway, best of luck to you!

Unknown January 24, 2009 at 6:36 PM  

Have you read the Danish study on Reflexology with PCOS? And Jane Holt's study should be coming out soon from the UK.

http://reflexology.suite101.com/article.cfm/reflexology_and_pcos

There is hope. January 24, 2009 at 7:28 PM  

Stacie--The internet is awesome, isn't it?!? When I was first diagnosed, it seemed like I was all alone. UNTIL I met some awesome ladies online who were either right where I was, a few steps ahead or a few steps behind. 75% don't get side effects? Wow! I hadn't heard that. I'm definitely not complaining, though! Good luck to you, too!

Amy--Thanks for the link. :) I'm headed there now.

There is hope. January 24, 2009 at 7:36 PM  

Amy--Thanks again for the article. Hmmm...Definitely sounds interesting. The studies that I've come across in the past showed similar results, but some of the patients were actually undergoing Clomid treatment at the same time as the reflexology sessions. The researchers mentioned that fact, but attributed the success to reflexology alone. It's really interesting that the women in this study actually showed less follicles (regulated cycles are easy to explain away since stress can be a contributing factor to anovulation). I'd really like to see Jane Holt's results too. Have you tried reflexology, whether ttc or not? I'm definitely going to give it a shot.

There is hope. February 9, 2009 at 6:47 PM  

My first reflexology appointment is tomorrow evening! I'm excited!!!

My Blog List

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP