Our Journey

Matthew and I have been actively trying to conceive since 2007. We continue to wait for our miracle...This is our journey.

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

It could ONLY happen to me!

After much anticipation, my Bend, Breathe and Conceive yoga dvd arrived yesterday. I had hoped to begin using it after work today, but that plan fell through. Around 2 am, I woke up to use the bathroom. I was still half asleep and stumbled back into the bedroom. To avoid waking up Matt, I left the light off and felt my way around to my side of the bed (as I have done a million times before). I somehow managed to fall onto the bed, bounce off of it and land backside first onto the floor. Matt awoke to the big BOOM followed by my bloodcurdling scream. He helped me up onto the bed and went to find an ice pack. Since Matt was still half asleep, he grabbed the first bag he could find in the freezer--FROZEN BROCCOLI. I spent the remainder of the night lying on my back with a bag of frozen veggies on my lower back and ass. Matt could hardly fall back to sleep for laughing so hard (by that time, the whole incident was hilarious). When my alarm clock finally went off at 6 am, I could barely move. Matt had to help me out of bed and into my clothes. A trip to the local urgent care center confirmed that I strained my lower back and possibly broke my tailbone (though the xrays were inconclusive). I'm off work until Friday at the earliest. If things aren't better, I have to go back to the doctor and possibly begin physical therapy. Can you believe that I'm missing three days of work and possibly more just because I fell off the bed?!?! After a hefty muscle relaxer and narcodic pain meds, I'm feeling better (doped up, but better). The poor people at Urgent Care probably think Matt and I beat the crap out of each other since the only time we ever go there is to treat injuries. They've stitched Matt up twice in the past two years, and they've sent my black and blue self off to xray and MRI at least three times in the past 12 months. What can I say--we're both accident prone! Maybe we should name our first daughter "Grace" just for the irony of it. :)

0 comments:

My Blog List

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP